Heritage Mutual Insurance Association is owned by our Policyholders. We were founded in 1874 by rural Iowans to perpetuate the “neighbor helping neighbor” concept. Over a century of experience has made us the industry leader in farm, homeowners, renters insurance & seasonal proporty. Our innovative products and services allow us to meet policyholders’ ever-changing needs. Local agents combine personal service with the latest technology to provide a prompt and convenient customer experience. Our claim professionals live in the territories we serve so you get fast and fair claim service. We’re rooted in local Iowa communities and are proud to support those communities through charitable giving, event sponsorship, local investing, and employment opportunities.
Our Mission: provide quality local insurance products and services at stable competitive rates.
We’re proud of our Iowa Heritage and look forward to serving your insurance needs.
Annual Member Meeting
The annual member meeting of the Heritage Mutual Insurance Association is held in Preston, Iowa, on the second Tuesday in February each year, commencing at 1:00 pm.
Staff-West Union Office
- Mark Dinan, Inspector/Adjuster
- Stacie Ruroden, Office-Underwriting Asst.
- Karissa Nydegger, Office Assistant
- Joan Vagts, Vice President
- Terri Krogman, Office Assistant
- Kathy Schmidt, Office-Underwriting Asst.
- Michael Peterson, SR Inspector-Underwriter
- Bill Lampe, President
- Rick Sieverding, Sr. Adjuster
- Steve Haxmeier, Inspector
- Lynn Schwager, Inspector-Underwriter